We are happy to announce that the internationally renowned Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program which has helped tens of thousands of people worldwide has come to Long Island!
MBSR is a program based on Mindfulness Meditation. Research has shown that MBSR has positive effects on:
- Reducing the impact of stress in people’s lives that may be due to work, school, family, financial problems, aging, grief, or feeling out of control
- Improving coping with chronic illness and pain
- Helping people with high blood pressure & heart disease
- Helping people with cancer
- Helping people who are struggling with infertility
- Helping people who are struggling with various other medical conditions such as fibromyalgia, asthma, GI distress, skin disorders
- Helping people who are experiencing emotional difficulties such as Anxiety, Depression & Insomnia
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is highly respected in the medical community and is not offered as an alternative to medical treatment but rather as an adjunct, complementary program to enhance the effectiveness of medical treatments.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction was first formalized by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, who is the author of Full Catastrophe Living as well as other books on mindful living.
MBSR is an 8 week class, meeting for two hours.
For More information, please call Dr. Liz Gellman (extension 24) or Dr. Mary Carnesale (extension 26) at (516) 390-3525